September 23 to October 8
Wait Until Dark
by Frederick Knott
Directed by Al Tye
This thriller is the story of Susy Hendrix, a recently blinded housewife who unwittingly
possesses a doll filled with illicit drugs. Harry Roat, a brutal and sophisticated criminal, coerces two small-time thugs into helping him con Susy into giving up the doll. A battle of wits ensues as Susy and the young girl upstairs launch a counterplot against the thieves. The drama plays on the themes of darkness and light as Susy navigates through her sightless world, and the
crooks signal each other with light through the Venetian blinds.
To order tickets you may phone the box office at any time. If the box office is not open leave a recorded message and the box office will get back to you the next time that someone is in the box office.
"Freud's Last Session" Wins 7 Awards
The PTG production of "Freud's Last Session" won 7 awards including the award for best production at the EODL 2015 ONE-ACT FESTIVAL held in Highlands Little Theatre, Haliburton from November 6 - 8.
The awards won by "Freud's Last Session" were:
- Peterborough Examiner Award - for best visual production - Jane Werger, Al Tye, Pat Spence, John Robinson, Mary Parulski, Patricia Young & Jayne Martin (for giving the audience a visual feast that conveys the spirit and curiosity of our need to understand everything)
- Nepean Little Theatre - for an actor in a leading role - Michael Valliant-Saunders as C.S. Lewis and Wyatt Lamoureux as Freud
- Donald Endicott Award for Coordinated Production - Chosen by the Festival Stage Manager
- Academy Theatre Foundation Award - for best director - Jane Werger (for creating action that transformed a debate between intellectuals into a joyful match between kindred spirits)
- Ottawa Little Theatre Award - for best production
- Brighton Barn Theatre People's Choice Award - as chosen by patrons attending all plays in the festival
"Freud's Last Session" was also nominated for 2 other awards.
- Penny Arril Award - for creation of a world onstage that serves the play and the performers within the constraints of time and transportation - Jane Werger, Al Tye, Pat Spence, Patricia Young & Jayne Martin
- Nancy Chajkowski Award - for costume design - Mary Parulski
To see the complete results visit the EODL website.
The PTG has 2 e-mail lists:
- PTG Audition List
- A notice will be sent to your e-mail address whenever a new audition is posted on the PTG website.
- PTG Shows List
- Information will be sent to your e-mail address about upcoming PTG events.
to one or both of these lists.