Dec 8 to 13
“The Snow Queen”
As adapted from Hans Christian Andersen
Directed by Charles Shamess
The wicked Snow Queen casts her icy spell on the world, turns young Kay's heart to ice and takes him away as her eternal prisoner to her Ice Palace at the top of the world. Gerda, Kay's friend, must journey north and brave many dangers in her attempt to save Kay and break Winter's grip. Gerda never gives up as she leads us through terrifying ordeals as well as fun and nonsense, using her wits and innocent heart to overcome all obstacles. Along the way Gerda encounters talking ravens, the evil Troll, a prince and princess, the wild robber-girl and a brave caribou who carries Gerda across the arctic tundra.
The Disney film, Frozen, was loosely based on this story.
Box Office Hours
- - Thursdays and Fridays from 5:30 to 8:00 PM
- - one hour before curtain time until curtain time on Saturdays and Sundays of performances
Family Play tickets are included in Platinum memberships only. All other tickets are $5.00
At the Box Office
Come to the Box Office at the the PTG Guildhall on 364 Rogers St, Peterborough, ON during Box Office hours. The Box Office is just inside the front door on the right.
You can order tickets by phoning the box office, 705-745-4211. If the box office is not open, leave a message on the answering machine. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible to take your order.
Download a ticket order form and follow the instructions on the form.
The box office accepts Visa, Interac, and Mastercard as well as cash and personal cheques.
"Freud's Last Session" Wins 7 Awards
The PTG production of "Freud's Last Session" won 7 awards including the award for best production at the EODL 2015 ONE-ACT FESTIVAL held in Highlands Little Theatre, Haliburton from November 6 - 8.
The awards won by "Freud's Last Session" were:
- Peterborough Examiner Award - for best visual production - Jane Werger, Al Tye, Pat Spence, John Robinson, Mary Parulski, Patricia Young & Jayne Martin (for giving the audience a visual feast that conveys the spirit and curiosity of our need to understand everything)
- Nepean Little Theatre - for an actor in a leading role - Michael Valliant-Saunders as C.S. Lewis and Wyatt Lamoureux as Freud
- Donald Endicott Award for Coordinated Production - Chosen by the Festival Stage Manager
- Academy Theatre Foundation Award - for best director - Jane Werger (for creating action that transformed a debate between intellectuals into a joyful match between kindred spirits)
- Ottawa Little Theatre Award - for best production
- Brighton Barn Theatre People's Choice Award - as chosen by patrons attending all plays in the festival
"Freud's Last Session" was also nominated for 2 other awards.
- Penny Arril Award - for creation of a world onstage that serves the play and the performers within the constraints of time and transportation - Jane Werger, Al Tye, Pat Spence, Patricia Young & Jayne Martin
- Nancy Chajkowski Award - for costume design - Mary Parulski
To see the complete results visit the EODL website.
The PTG has 2 e-mail lists:
- PTG Audition List
- A notice will be sent to your e-mail address whenever a new audition is posted on the PTG website.
- PTG Shows List
- Information will be sent to your e-mail address about upcoming PTG events.
to one or both of these lists.